Arrival to Nîmes
Your arrival at Nîmes should be straightforward, as Nîmes is well located for easy access by car, train or aeroplane.
Nîmes is located just off a number of autoroutes, so access to/from the motorways could not be easier. The distances to various cities/towns are:
- Paris – 708 kms
- Lyon - 246 kms
- Marseille - 120 kms
- Montpellier - 53 kms
- Nice - 277 kms
- Bordeaux - 500 kms
If arriving by air, the three most convenient airports are Nîmes, Montpellier and Marseille. Their details are:
- Nîmes. Nîmes airport is located 15 kms south east of Nîmes, and is presently only served by the UK budget airline Ryanair. It has scheduled services from and to London (Luton), London (Stansted), Liverpool, East Midlands and Brussels (Charleroi). The flight schedules are seasonal, so please check www.ryanair.com for details. Although a small airport, it is extremely user-friendly with all major car hire firms represented and a bus and taxi service that meets flights just outside the terminal.
- Montpellier. Montpellier has a larger airport located a few kms off the motorway to the south east of Montpellier, about 50 kms or a 40-minute drive from Nîmes. It is served by larger airlines like Air France and British Airways (BA only in the summer months), as well as Ryanair (from London Stansted). There are full car hire and other airport amenities.
- Marseille. Marseille is a major regional airport, and is served by a number of European carriers, including Air France, British Airways (from London Gatwick), Lufthansa, Iberia, Alitalia, Ryanair (from London (Stansted), Glasgow and Dublin) and Easyjet (from London (Gatwick), Liverpool and Bristol). It is located about 100 kms to the south east of Nimes, about an hours drive. There are full car hire and other airport amenities provided.
Train connections to Nîmes are excellent with the high speed TGV serving Nîmes – see www.voyages-sncf.com. The train station is centrally located, and is about a five to ten minute taxi ride from Au Coeur de Nimes. The TGV service operates about 10 services a day to and from Paris, and travelling times are:
- Paris – 2 hours 50 minutes (including direct trains to Charles de Gaulle airport)
- Marseille – 55 minutes
- Lyon – 1 hour 20 minutes
- Lille – 4 hours 20 minutes